Tim McDonald on #AskTheExpert
About Tim McDonald
Tim McDonald is a “human with a heart,” an expert in community building, relationships, social good campaigns, online broadcaster and Co-creator of CreatingIs LLC and LIFEworking.
Tim has experience working with major clients including No Kid Hungry, Cinnabon, Carvel Ice Cream among others, where he led the overall marketing vision, strategy and execution of social media activations, including blogger programs and influencer relationships. In the two years working directly on the No Kid Hungry campaign, Giving Tuesday fundraising increased from $56,000 to over $249,000 in 2015.
Previously he was the Director of Community for The Huffington Post, where he set strategy and oversaw a team of moderators, support and standards for the leading online news site with over 300 million comments and 70,000 bloggers. Prior to this position, Tim built and managed a community for Huffington Post’s live streaming network, HuffPost Live, resulting in over 9,600 guests from more than 85 countries have joining live on-air and over 1.3 million comments on the platform.
Tim founded My Community Manager, a resource for community managers and a community of community managers; Lake County Social Networking; and is the former Director of Communications for Social Media Club Chicago.
You can find Tim on Twitter: @tamcdonald. His username on Instagram and Snapchat is @timamcdonald.
About Ross Brand
Ross Brand applies his background as a radio host to conduct interviews and lead livestream conversations that inform and entertain. He is the founder and editor of Livestream Universe, covering the latest and greatest in livestreaming and online broadcasting.
Ross hosts #LivestreamStars, Mondays at 7pm ET at RossBrand.tv. The show features talented broadcasters delivering high-quality content across livestream platforms. He also hosts #LivestreamSports, #LivestreamNews and #AskTheExpert monthly. He produces and presents the Daily Livestream Update weekday mornings on Facebook. The updates contain show recommendations and news from the livestreaming industry.
- How Tim started using live video
- Tim’s approach to building community
- How Tim defines community management and the founding of My Community Manager
- How Huffington Post used Google Plus Hangouts and video production for Huffington Post Live
- Mistakes people make when approaching online relationships differently from offline relationships
- How livestreamers and podcasters can build community
- Why No Kid Hungry has been effective in community building in support of its mission
- CreatingsIs (YouTube Playlist)
- My Community Manager
- Tim’s Huffington Post Blog
- No Kid Hungry
- Tim McDonald on Twitter
- Tim McDonald on Instagram
- Livestreaming & Digital Broadcasting: 37 Predictions for 2016 (Livestream Universe)
- Ross Brand on Twitter
- Ross Brand on Instagram
- Livestream Universe on Facebook
- Livestream Universe Firetalk Channel