Cathy Hackl on #LivestreamStars
About Cathy Hackl
Cathy Hackl is an Emmy-nominated broadcaster turned live video, PR & social media speaker & consultant. She’s the head of Hispanic Marketing at Boom! Social and helps brands with their live video strategy through her consulting business.
She was recognized by Onalytica as one of 2015’s top 50 PR influencers and is the former director of Periscope Community Summit/Summit Live.
Cathy’s taught social media at IE Business & SDA Bocconi School of Management, two of Europe’s top business schools. She has spoken in the U.S., Latin America, Europe and Asia on communications and social media. Cathy will also be an adjunct lecturer at the University of Florida College of Journalism & Communications in 2016.
She has worked with CNN, FOX5, Discovery Channel, and ABC News and is currently a Huffington Post blogger & a Social Media Week contributor.
Cathy holds an MA in Latin American and Caribbean Studies and MS in Mass Communication from Florida International University, as well as BA in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Texas. She’s Costa Rican-American and lives in Gainesville, Florida with her husband (who’s a rocket scientist) and her three children.
About Ross Brand
Ross Brand applies his background as a radio host to conduct interviews and lead livestream conversations that inform and entertain. He is the founder and editor of Livestream Universe, covering the latest and greatest in livestreaming and online broadcasting.
Ross hosts #LivestreamStars, Mondays at 7pm ET at RossBrand.tv. The show features talented broadcasters delivering high-quality content across livestream platforms. He also hosts #LivestreamSports, #LivestreamNews and #AskTheExpert monthly. He produces and presents the Daily Livestream Update weekday mornings on Facebook. The updates contain show recommendations and news from the livestreaming industry.
- Overview of Cathy’s career in broadcasting and Emmy-nomination
- Blab’s pivot away from talk shows
- Alternatives to Blab for talk shows
- How brands and businesses can use live video
- Opportunities for business to market to the Spanish speaking population locally and globally
- How content creators can improve the quality of their livestreams
- What does the future hold for livestreaming platforms
- Cathy’s discusses the different types of content she has posted on Periscope, Facebook Live and Snapchat
Claudia Santiago, founder and CEO of VIVA-LA-VIDA! SUCCESS (VLVS) and international recording artist, called into the show.
- Globally Social
- Boom! Social
- Live Video Campus
- Summit Live
- Cathy’s Huffington Post Articles
- Cathy Hackl on Blab
- Cathy Hackl on Periscope
- Cathy Hackl on Twitter
- Will Live Video On Facebook, Periscope & YouTube Change the Way We Consume TV (Huffington Post)
- Is Mobile Live Streaming the Missing Link Between TV and Social Media? (Huffington Post)
- Live streaming video on Facebook: What I learned over the weekend (LinkedIn)
- How to Host a Blab: Gain viewers, book great guests and enhance your personal brand (Why I Social)
- Livestreaming & Digital Broadcasting: 37 Predictions for 2016 (Livestream Universe)
- Claudia Santiago on Twitter
- Ross Brand on Twitter
- Ross Brand on Blab
- HR Avant-Garde