Debbie Wong on #AskTheExpert
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’1′ hide_logo=’1′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’1′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://youtube.com/watch?v=Huami_NQc34[/responsive_video]
About Debbie Wong
Debbie Wong is an executive and life coach, human resource professional and published author. She works with clients who want to talk about challenges and issues they’re either facing at work or at home.
Many times, the topics are centered around career changes, difficult interactions with people and how best to increase confidence in handling a tough situation. Through asking powerful questions, Debbie helps navigate the conversation so that the participant is able to explore and come to solutions and options on her own.
Debbie is Head of Talent and Development for Markets and Distribution at Bank of New York Mellon. She previously worked for Bloomberg LP as an Organization Development Specialist, advising business leaders on talent management, succession planning, change management and team development.
Prior to joining Bloomberg, Debbie was Director of Global Talent Development at APCO Worldwide, where she designed and built APCO University with 35+ core courses including seven curriculums such as Leadership, Business Development and Client Service, and led and developed the Global Talent Development program for high-potentials.
Debbie published her travel memoir, The Same Sky: A Traveler’s Quest for Redemption and Peace about her solo journey through Southeast Asia.She blogs about travel at DebbieYLWong.com.
Debbie has a Masters of Science in Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness from New York University. As an NYU alum, she leads workshops on professional communication and career transitions for students for the NYU Wasserman Career Center.
About Ross Brand
Ross Brand applies his background as a radio host to conduct interviews and lead livestream conversations that inform and entertain. He is the founder and editor of Livestream Universe, covering the latest and greatest in livestreaming and online broadcasting.
Ross hosts #LivestreamStars, Mondays at 7pm ET at RossBrand.tv. The show features talented broadcasters delivering high-quality content across livestream platforms. He also hosts #LivestreamSports, #LivestreamNews and #AskTheExpert monthly. He produces and presents the Daily Livestream Update weekday mornings on Facebook. The updates contain show recommendations and news from the livestreaming industry.
- What is an executive coach?
- What is a life coach?
- Difference between coaches and mental health counselors
- What coaches should do when they have clients with depression
- How coaching differs from mentoring and why the roles should be played by different people
- Top challenges facing coaching clients
- How coaches resist the urge to tell clients what to do
- Challenges of working with executives
- Debbie discusses whether she coaches friends
- How people can go about finding a coach
- How coaching works within an organization
- Overcoming employee fears regarding confidentiality
- Do coaches seek coaching themselves?
- Debbie’s travel experiences in East Asia and her book, The Same Sky
- Email Debbie Wong about coaching: email@example.com
- The Same Sky: A Travelers Quest for Redemption and Peace
- Debbie Wong on Twitter
- International Coach Federation
- Livestream Universe on YouTube
- Livestream Universe on Facebook
- Ross Brand on Twitter
- Ross Brand on Instagram