How to Optimize YouTube for Live Streams
StreamYard Connect Ep52
Andrew Kan of TubeBuddy shares tips for how to optimize YouTube for live streams on Episode 52 of StreamYard Connect with Ross Brand.
▶️ GO LIVE with STREAMYARD: https://LivestreamUniverse.com/StreamYard.
00:00 Intro Music
02:01 Ross Brand Open and Season 4 Guest Review
05:50 Dana Bentz on Ease of Multistreaming with StreamYard
07:16 Daniel Glickman’s new show: StreamYard Tech Talk
08:50 New StreamYard hires: Julie Riley and Christian Karasiewicz
09:23 How to use the new StreamYard volume controls for host and guests
11:52 StreamYard Producer Program headed by Marisa Cali
12:37 TubeBuddy acquired by AI entertainment company BEN
12:59 Spotify purchases Megaphone for $235M | Podcasting Implications
17:21 Featured Guest: Andrew Kan of TubeBuddy
20:48 Is it good for small channels to live stream on YouTube?
27:14 The purpose and value of tags on YouTube videos
29:28 Best practices for writing YouTube descriptions
30:10 Your first 200 words in your description
30:17 Does YouTube like live streams?
33:27 Should you change thumbnail, title or description after a live stream?
38:32 Advice for new TubeBuddy users
40:05 How to understand keywords in TubeBuddy
44:47 What is the right mix between live streaming and uploading videos?
49:15 Which YouTube analytics should I focus on? | TubeBuddy Quick Links
51:26 What are the key elements of a good thumbnail? | TubeBuddy Click Magnet
53:10 Names of creators who make good thumbnails
54:18 How long should your YouTube title be?
54:45 What’s the key to a good playlist?
56:40 Where to find Andrew Kan on YouTube
57:37 Impact of StreamYard on how TubeBuddy sees live streaming
57:52 Wrap Up
🎤 ANDREW KAN:
Andrew Kan is the Head of Video Production at TubeBuddy, a powerful browser extension for YouTube creators and brands. Andrew has a passion for film and traveling throughout the world. That passion led him to become YouTube Certified, and also entering and winning film festivals.
Andrew’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSlY9e6ZpWmaSxPhtd73iA
About StreamYard Connect
StreamYard Connect highlights the different ways talented professionals use live streaming to communicate with customers, connect to new career opportunities and attract candidates to fill job openings. Plus we cover news and technology updates…and the production techniques that power successful live broadcasts. Hosted by Ross Brand and sponsored by StreamYard, a browser-based app that makes it easy to produce professional-looking livestreams. Join us on Wednesdays at 2pm ET for StreamYard Connect on the StreamYard Facebook Page and YouTube Channel.
StreamYard is a live streaming studio in your computer or mobile browser that makes it easy to host shows with stable, professional-looking streams.
▶️ HOST YOUR SHOW with STREAMYARD: https://LivestreamUniverse.com/StreamYard.
About Ross Brand
Ross Brand is a live streamer who has served in many capacities such as Red Carpet host for the Emmy Award winning Never Settle Show, produced by Al Roker Entertainment, brand ambassador for Wirecast, and on-camera host for multiple Facebook Live Video and LinkedIn Live developers and broadcast solutions, including StreamYard, BeLive and LiveU.
He was selected one of 5 Live Video Experts to Follow by Switcher Studio, the Number One Twitter Account for Learning Live Stream Marketing by Amp Live and a Top 25 Video Marketing Influencer by Onalytica.
- Livestreaming Resources
- Livestream Universe on Facebook
- Livestream Universe on YouTube
- Ross Brand on Twitter
- Ross Brand on Instagram
Ross’ Livestream & Podcast Gear
- Live Video Production, Streaming & Recording App: StreamYard
- Screen Recording & Audio/Video Editing Software: Screenflow
- Primary Studio Microphone: Shure SM7B Microphone
- Primary Handheld/Reporter Microphone: Electro-voice RE50
- Guest/Backup Microphone: Samson Q2u
- Primary Microphone Boom Arm: Rode PSA-1
- Guest Microphone Boom Arm: Neewer NW-35
- Primary Audio Interface/Recorder/Mixer: Sound Devices MixPre-3
- Backup Studio Audio Interface: Audient iD14
- Mobile Audio Interface: Shure MVi
- Mobile iOS Audio Interface: Rode i-XLR
- Mobile Audio Interface: iRig Pre
- Primary Studio Camera: Sony a6400 Mirrorless
- External Webcam: Logitech c922 Camera
- Hardware Video Switcher: Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro
- HDMI Capture Card: Elgato Cam Link 4K
- Green Screen: Elgato Green Screen
- Lighting: VILTROX L116T Key Light LED Video Light Kit
- Handheld/Desktop 11″ Tripod for Webcam or Phone: Arkon Mounts (Discount code: ROSSBRAND)
- Computer: Apple Mac Mini M1 Chip
Mounts & Lighting
- Save on Arkon Mounts using discount code: rossbrand
- Rechargeable Selfie LED Clip-On Ring Light (Discount Code: rossbrand)
Website Themes & Templates
This website contains affiliate links that compensate me with a small commission when you make a purchase at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support. ~Ross
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. ~Ross