Jed Record on #LivestreamStars
Note: This show aired live on Firetalk. The company was unable to provide a recording.
About Jed Record
Jed Record is a consultant and public speaker who trains and guides corporate teams through the quickly changing landscape of emerging marketing technologies. In addition to working with clients and speaking at industry events around the country, Jed is also an adjunct professor of social media marketing at Meredith College’s School of Business.
Jed has earned an MBA in Finance & Marketing from UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School. As a successful three time entrepreneur, Jed was recognized in 2015 by UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School as an inaugural Adams Apprenticeship Advisor, part of a game-changing mentorship and advisory program designed to pair high performing business school students with innovative, trailblazing entrepreneurs.
Jed’s entrepreneurship experience also includes formal training and real-world execution of the principles of Lean Startup. As a consultant for Moves The Needle, Jed is often called in to facilitate Lean Startup workshops for Fortune 500 companies around the world.
Jed is in the top 0.1% of people speaking about social media, marketing & business as measured by Klout. He has a Klout influence score of 80 and an audience of more than 100,000 followers across his social network profiles. He has been hired by Capital One, Toyota, SanDisk, Rockport for influence marketing campaigns, and named to Top Twenty Digital Marketing Influencers of 2016 by the Webinale Digital Trendsetters Conference. Other influencer measurement organizations also identify Jed as a top influencer including: Klear, Kred, Tap Influence and Webfluential.
Fun fact: At one time Jed was a world class wrestler. Wrestling for the University of North Carolina Tar Heels, and competing in Freestyle and Greco Roman events in Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. He can certainly take command of the room when it’s time to get the attention of a distracted conference audience.
About Ross Brand
Ross Brand applies his background as a radio host to conduct interviews and lead livestream conversations that inform and entertain. He is the founder and editor of Livestream Universe, covering the latest and greatest in livestreaming and online broadcasting.
Ross hosts #LivestreamStars, Mondays at 7pm ET at RossBrand.tv. The show features talented broadcasters delivering high-quality content across livestream platforms. He also hosts #LivestreamSports, #LivestreamNews and #AskTheExpert monthly. He produces and presents the Daily Livestream Update weekday mornings on Facebook. The updates contain show recommendations and news from the livestreaming industry.
- Reaction to iPhone 7 announcement
- Downside of Apple removing the headphone jack
- Jed discusses his college course on social media marketing
- What students need to learn to be ready to contribute as social media professionals
- The commonalities in content Jed uses for teaching students and corporate training
- Importance of understanding the business objectives your social media content supports
- How businesses can use livestreaming
- Value to advertisers of smartphone livestreams vs produced videos on YouTube
- Why YouTube remains the best bet for video
- The most important question you can ask a past customer to help you gain new customers
- Jed’s Speaking Page
- Jed’s Training Page
- The Adams Apprenticeship
- Moves the Needle
- The webinale 2016 TOP 20 Influencers
- Jed Record on Twitter
- Jed Record on Instagram
- Jed Record’s Facebook Page
- Livestream Universe on YouTube
- Livestream Universe on Facebook
- Ross Brand on Twitter
- Ross Brand on Instagram