Host: Ross Brand
Guest: Jim Collison
Date: January 22, 2020
StreamYard Connect Ep17
- Everything you need to know to get started with StreamYard’s new green screen feature; no download required
- LinkedIn opens applications to company pages from around the world to apply for LinkedIn Live
- Spotify reportedly enters talks to acquire sports and pop culture podcast network The Ringer, founded by ex-ESPN personality Bill Simmons, which produces 30 podcasts with 100 million monthly downloads and an estimated $15M income in 2018
- Jim Collison talks about pioneering live streaming and podcasting in the enterprise through Gallup webcasts, how to get started with audio and video content creation and building a strong brand connection through the power of video
About Jim Collison
Jim Collison is Director of Talent Acquisition and CliftonStrengths Community Manager at Gallup. He is a pioneer in bringing new media into the enterprise and currently produces Gallup’s lineup of webcasts (live streaming & podcasting content) for a worldwide audience in multiple languages and time zones, including hosting some of the shows himself. Jim also runs TheAverageGuy.tv Network, where he hosts Home Gadget Geeks and Cyber Frontiers. On Saturday mornings, he joins Hall of Fame podcaster Dave Jackson as co-host of Ask the Podcast Coach. He records his shows live using StreamYard to produce and stream the broadcasts to YouTube and then distributes the audio recordings as podcasts.
About StreamYard Connect
StreamYard Connect highlights the different ways talented professionals use live streaming to communicate with customers, connect to new career opportunities and attract candidates to fill job openings. Plus we cover news and technology updates…and the production techniques that power successful live broadcasts. Hosted by Ross Brand and sponsored by StreamYard, a browser based app that makes it easy to produce professional-looking livestreams. Join us twice a month on Wednesdays at 2pm ET for StreamYard Connect. For season two, we are now multistreaming on Facebook Live, Twitch, Periscope/Twitter and two LinkedIn destinations (Ross’ LinkedIn profile & StreamYard’s LinkedIn page).
Connect with Ross and StreamYard on LinkedIn for live shows and updates:
Host Your Show with StreamYard:
▶️ Go Live with STREAMYARD: https://livestreamuniverse.com/streamyard
About Ross Brand
Ross Brand is a live streamer who has served in many capacities such as Red Carpet host for the Emmy Award winning Never Settle Show, produced by Al Roker Entertainment, brand ambassador for Wirecast, and on-camera host for multiple Facebook Live Video and LinkedIn Live developers and broadcast solutions, including StreamYard, BeLive and LiveU.
He was selected one of 5 Live Video Experts to Follow by Switcher Studio, the Number One Twitter Account for Learning Live Stream Marketing by Amp Live and a Top 25 Video Marketing Influencer by Onalytica.
Ross is on the cutting edge of voice content, creating Alexa Flash Briefings. He provides the gateway for brands to speak with customers through smart speaker technology. Ross serves the decision makers who are expanding their outreach to the smart speaker market, which is expected to exceed 100 million Americans by 2020.
- Livestreaming Resources
- Livestream Universe on Facebook
- Livestream Universe on YouTube
- Ross Brand on Twitter
- Ross Brand on Instagram
Ross’ Livestream & Podcast Gear
- Live Video Production, Streaming & Recording App: StreamYard
- Screen Recording & Audio/Video Editing Software: Screenflow
- Primary Studio Microphone: Shure SM7B Microphone
- Primary Handheld/Reporter Microphone: Electro-voice RE50
- Guest/Backup Microphone: Samson Q2u
- Primary Audio Interface/Recorder/Mixer: Sound Devices MixPre-3
- Backup Studio Audio Interface: Audient iD14
- Mobile Audio Interface: Shure MVi
- Mobile Audio Interface: iRig Pre
- External Webcam: Logitech c922 Camera
- Computer: Macbook Pro
Website Themes & Templates
DISCLAIMER: This website contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we receive a small commission. This assures we can continue bringing you talented broadcasters and great products across livestream and online platforms. Thank you for the support! We only link to products we use or are highly recommended by trusted sources.