Twitter and Periscope Add Audio Only Live Broadcasts
Listen to “The Livestream Universe Update” on Spreaker.
Twitter Live Audio, Periscope Audio, Professor Nez, Wirecast Live, Mike Russell, Andrew Haley
September 10, 2018
Livestream Universe Update & Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing
Ross Brand with your Livestream Universe Update for Monday, September 10th, 2018.
iOS users can now go live on Twitter & Periscope without appearing on camera. The audio-only broadcast feature provides the same metrics and uses the same interface as Twitter’s live video function. Professor Nez is the host of the #NezNation Live podcast. He says the addition of audio-only broadcasts is a good move by Twitter.
You can listen to recent episodes of #NezNation Live focused on audio content at ProfessorNez.com/podcast.
Speaking of audio, you’ll want to catch the must-see replay of the latest edition of Wirecast Live. Mike Russell of Music Radio Creative discusses audio levels, compression and more with Andrew Haley. Learn how to get the best sound for your livestreams. View on the Telestream Wirecast Facebook page.
For LivestreamUniverse.com, I’m Ross Brand. Have a great day!
Subscribe on iTunes: http://LivestreamUniverse.com/iTunes/.
Enable on Alexa: http://LivestreamUniverse.com/Alexa.
Follow on Spreaker: http://LivestreamUniverse.com/Spreaker.
Listen on Spotify: http://LivestreamUniverse.com/Spotify.
SCREENFLOW Free Trial: Screenflow
LiveU SOLO: Go Solo
GEAR RECOMMENDATIONS: http://LivestreamUniverse.com/resources
SUBSCRIBE: See our videos: http://RossBrand.tv
Subscribe to the podcast at LivestreamUniverse.com/iTunes.
About Ross Brand
Ross Brand is a pioneer in the livestreaming field as both a prolific content creator and thought-leader exploring the different ways to leverage live video to grow your business or brand.
Named the world’s number 1 livestreaming expert to follow on social media by Klout and selected as one of “5 live video experts to follow” by Switcher Studio, Ross made the successful transition from terrestrial radio to live streaming, founding LivestreamUniverse.com to empower other live video creators by showcasing their content through updates and shows.
Ross also runs the LivestreamDeals.com website and creates audio content for podcasts and Alexa Flash Briefings. Find him on Twitter: @iRossBrand. His Instagram username is @RossBrand1.
- Livestream Universe on Alexa
- Livestream Universe on iTunes
- Livestreaming Resources
- Livestream Universe on Facebook
- Livestream Universe on YouTube
- Ross Brand on Twitter
- Ross Brand on Instagram
Ross’ Livestream & Podcast Gear
- Live Video Production & Recording Software: Wirecast 9
- Screen Recording & Audio/Video Editing Software: Screenflow
- Primary Studio Microphone: Shure SM7B Microphone
- Primary Handheld/Reporter Microphone: Electro-voice RE50
- Guest/Backup Microphone: Samson Q2u
- Audio Interface/Recorder/Mixer: Sound Devices MixPre-3
- Studio Audio Interface: Audient iD14
- Secondary/Backup Audio Interface: Shure MVi
- Mobile Audio Interface: iRig Pre
- External Webcam: Logitech c922 Camera
- Handheld/Desktop 11″ Tripod for Webcam or Phone: Arkon Mounts (Discount code: ROSSBRAND)
- Computer: Macbook Pro
- Livestreaming Platform: BeLiveTV
- Podcast Host: Spreaker
- Hardware Encoder for Remote Cellular Transmission Livestreaming: LiveU Solo
- Hardware Encoder for Ethernet Livestreaming: BoxCast
Mounts & Lighting
- Save on Arkon Mounts using discount code: rossbrand
- Rechargeable Selfie LED Clip-On Ring Light (Discount Code: rossbrand)
Website Themes & Templates
DISCLAIMER: This website contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we receive a small commission. This assures we can continue bringing you talented broadcasters and great products across livestream and online platforms. Thank you for the support! We only link to products we use or are highly recommended by trusted sources.