#StreamLeader Report 004 ⁃ Are You Neglecting Warm Leads?
Let’s slow down the hustle for a moment and focus on working smart.
When it comes to converting online, I want to spotlight one of the biggest mistakes people are making.
Stick with me here, as this is an easy fix that most of us could handle in a matter of hours.
Yet the benefits could do more to grow your business than you probably realize.
In StreamLeader Report 003, I mentioned that we need the top results in a Google search optimized to close warm leads.
What is a warm lead?
In this context, let’s define a warm lead as someone who is looking for the product or service you provide and has had a trusted source recommend you (or your product/service) as the solution.
Why do I consider that person a warm lead? Because they are favorably disposed to work with you and are looking for confirmation that you will deliver what they need.
They want to find something to make it easy to say yes to working with you.
The next step they will likely take is to Google you. And that’s where your results on page one, above the fold, come to matter. A LOT!
Will they find evidence to convince them that you are the one? That it’s time to write the check?
Or will they come away wondering if you are up to the task?
That’s why we must Google ourselves in a private browser every few months.
Here is the least we need to do with the results:
- Start at the top of page one and click on each result in descending order that falls above the fold.
- When you visit a webpage or social media account in the search results, adopt the mindset that you are a potential client or customer looking at this for the first time. Based what you see, would you hire you?
- Now focus on the most viewed areas of a social profile that make the biggest first impression. Is your bio up-to-date? Are you using the best profile photo for your industry and desired customer base? Does your banner reflect what you are doing now or have you pivoted and left a past role or event featured? (Speaking to myself here too. 🧐 )
- Let’s move down to the content on the page or the social account. A new visitor is likely to focus on what’s most recent. On Instagram that’s the last 6-9 photos on your profile. On Twitter, it’s your pinned Tweet. On your blog, it’s the latest post, and so forth. Perhaps you need to add a new piece of content to ensure a representation of your best work is on top. Update/edit that which can be improved and, in the case of your pinned Tweet, it just might be time for a change.
Start to think about your digital footprint as an online portfolio not much different than the work samples an artist or writer might present when interviewing for a job.
When it comes to closing warm leads, it isn’t all about how much or how often you post. It’s about the quality of what is found, the attention to detail, and the impression it leaves the customer or client about your suitability for the role.
Terrific Tools ⚙️
- Get Paid to Produce Podcasts: For those serious about getting paid to produce podcasts and learning how to engineer podcast audio at the highest professional level, Chris Curran’s Podcast Engineering School is the place to go. Save $2,000 on a 7-week program of deep audio training & mentorship. The next session starts on September 14 and includes 14 hours of live training, 15 bonus hours of video content and 2 mentoring sessions with Chris Curran. Includes major discounts on software and plugins.
- Create Content that Converts: Co-authors Kim Doyal & Jodi Hersh are offering the current edition of the classic Content Creators Planner for 30% off. It’s the first step-by-step content marketing tool of its kind. Map out your goals, plan your content strategy in support of those goals, decide on the content, calendar your content, measure what’s working, and make adjustments. Developed by content marketing experts.
Around the Universe 🌌
- We have a launch date for 100 Livestreaming & Digital Media Predictions. It will be available on Amazon on Wednesday, July 28th, and priced at $0.99 on launch day. Get early access to the first chapter for free at LivestreamUniverse.com/RossBook.
- Our Livestream Universe Mastermind Beta group is meeting for our second monthly strategy session and group coaching at 8:00-9:30pm ET on Tuesday, July 27. It’s $20 per month while we’re in Beta. Register at MonetizeLive.VIP.
Watch & Listen 🎬 🎧
- Uscreen is celebrating The Journey to $100 Million at 1pm ET on Thursday, July 22nd, with an exclusive webinar. They’ll share how Uscreen customers are making $100 million in revenue per year and how others can replicate their success. Check out founder PJ Taei’s intro video and register now to reserve your seat.